Gaea – a primary Greek primordial deity – is the personification of the Earth. As the ancestral mother of all life, she is the primal Mother Earth.
Our home is over flowing with a continuous stream of beauty – found through breathtaking landscapes and awe-inspiring formations. With a particular focus in the Southern Appalachian Mountains, Gaea Photography is dedicated to exploring and capturing pristine quality photos of the lesser known and lesser explored corners of this magnificently diverse place.
My goal is to inspire, encourage, and empower others to take joy in experiencing and witnessing all that Gaea can offer. Throughout this site you will find my work manifested in the form of stunning galleries that are available for purchase, informative trip reports and articles to aide you in your explorations, group hikes lead by me to iconic or rarely visited spots, and various portrait services to help capture the experience forever!
Full Moonrise over Pisgah Valley, NC
Sunset Reflections of Balsam Lake, NC
Steels Creek Falls, NC
Sunrise over Pisgah, NC
Journey into the Adventure:
- The Toxaway River is a titan among North Carolina waterways. Not only is it soaked with iconic landmarks such as the first artificial lake of the Appalachians, this richly historic river also hosts a series of some of the most sought after waterfalls in all of Western North Carolina.
- Located deep within the Big Ivy/Coleman Boundary of Pisgah National Forest, Peach Orchard Creek deliciously flows through one of North Carolina’s most scenic and vibrant areas. At its pit, the waterway descends into a nearly 800-ft deep gorge between the western flanks of Bullhead Mountain and Locust Knob.
- In 1857, during the peak of a nearly two decade long dispute over which mountain is the tallest in the region, Dr. Elisha Mitchell met his demise at the age of 64 when he fell off a 30-ft waterfall that drops between a rocky, narrow slot. Ironically named Mitchell Falls, this richly historic location has […]
- The WILDS is a Christian Camp and Conference Center, located in south Brevard. Established in 1969 (and now celebrating their 50th year), they deliver top notch adventures to their campers with their impressive property and facilities. The property straddles the Gorges State Park boundaries and has “funtastic” activities such as hiking, climbing, tubing, swimming, and […]
- Located inside the Green River Gamelands, in Saluda, this ~18-ft waterfall is easily one of the most scenic of the area. The rocky cove setting and the cascading intricacies of its structure not only offers great photo opportunities, but it’s also relatively straight forward to reach and moderate in difficulty – making it a great […]